Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oprah Disagrees with the Bible



Let me begin by stating that I have been an Oprah Winfrey fan for years. Her show is full of information; her topics are interesting; she is intelligent. But it has come to my attention that she doesn’t actually believe in the Word of God. I know this happened over a year ago and I also I understand that it is not a Christ-like program. (I use Christ-like instead of Christian because these days everyone is claiming to be a Christian while exhibiting a lifestyle contrary to that fact). But if the discussion goes there then you are obligated to either change topics or state your belief. Oprah chose to state her belief.

I am not in front of you so you can’t throw shoes at me (smile). Like I said, I have been a fan for years. But if she, you, my mom, or anyone else speaks contrary to God’s Word – the Bible, I will not only disagree with you, but I will endeavor to correct you. In the clip Ms Winfrey interviews and showcases several “New Age” luminaries. But when a woman in the audience asks Oprah, “What about Jesus?,” Oprah insists Jesus “can't possibly be the only way” to God... And the sparks fly!

Although raised Baptist, Oprah Winfrey's faith has undergone a significant transformation towards “New Age” spirituality. She has said on air that she has prayed to Jesus, but why pray to someone who is not able to answer your prayers? If you don’t believe Jesus is the only way to get to heaven then you can pray to some other way for answers. The Bible says that THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO GOD EXCEPT JESUS CHRIST. Oprah in essence denies the Biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ by teaching tens-of-millions of her viewers that there are many paths to God.
The Bible says that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Who’s report will you believe? As for me and my house, we will believe and serve the Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

kagiso said...

Mrs Winfrey she's not filled with the Holy Gost. she cannot comprehand that, pls dont ague with her , but that dosnt mean shes right. i know God loves her so much, she'll comprehand the truth soon.

Anonymous said...

Go see a psychiatrist if you hear voices in your head or if you think you are part of a plan. One out of 100 people suffer from schizophrenia.

PS, you deny Allah, Vishnu, Apollo, Wodan and a whole lot more invisible sky daddies. That's fine.