Friday, February 8, 2008

America's Favorite Movie Star

He is like fine wine, he just gets better with age. Denzel Washington, the star of two highly acclaimed movies last year, American Gangster and The Great Debaters, is still considered America’ favorite actor for the second consecutive year.

The two-time Academy Award winner beat out Tom Hanks for the second year in a row in the annual Harris Poll. Will Smith, the star of I Am Legend, came in fifth. They were the only two Blacks included in the survey.

Other stars included in the poll were Johnny Depp (3), Julia Roberts (4), John Wayne (6) (How long has he been dead?), Matt Damon and Sean Connery (tied for 7th), Sandra Bullock (9) and Bruce Willis (10).

I really loved The Great Debaters. I put it in my top ten, maybe top five. That would make Denzel have three of my top ten; the others are A Soldier’s Story and Glory. I tend to favor movies and books with an historical flavor to them. Mmm, sounds like a topic for my next blog.

No comments: